1. Preheat the oven to 180 Deg C.
2. In a large ovenproof dish heat the oil and brown the beef in batches then put it all back in the dish.
3. Add the onion, garlic, chopped tomatoes, herbs and stock. Stir and place in a the oven for 1 to 1.5hours.
4. Remove the casserole from the oven and stir in the vegetables. Season and return to the oven for 30-60 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and the meat is tender.
5. Serve piled on a plate with boiled rice and additional vegetables.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 2 hrs 30 mins (approx)
450g lean Scotch Beef braising steak, cut into chunky cubes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and cut into chunks
2 cloves garlic, crushed
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into large chunks
1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into large chunks
1 courgette, cut into large chunks
1 small aubergine, cut into large chunks