Cooking beef, lamb and pork is easy is you follow some basic rules. Unfortunately, many people don't know what these are. To help with this, there's a great cooking aid available provided by AHDB (the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board) Beef & Lamb as part of their Meat Education Programme.
In you will find the different cooking methods and hints and tips on:
- Preparing meat prior to cooking
- Sealing or browning the meat
- The cooking process (roasting, grilling and frying)
- Cooking times for all cuts of beef, lamb and pork
- Knowing when your meat is cooked
- "Doneness" (rare, medium rareand well done)
- Making gravy
So if you want inspiration to cook your red meat with confidence and produce delicious, perfectly cooked meat every time, download your copy of Meat Education Programme - Understanding cooking beef, lamb and pork (PDF).