Award Winning Scottish Butcher - UK Delivery
A message from owner Nigel Ovens.
At McCaskies, we're extremely proud of our heritage and being a traditional small family business specialising in quality meat and meat products. In the late 1990s, with my mother as business partner, I took over the business and made the determined decision to modernise and take the business forward with continuing investment in the shop and its facilities. With a lot of hard work, we re-invented the business in terms of the range of products on offer but with one dominating factor - Quality.
We source 100% of our beef and lamb (in season) from Orkney, which is known and respected worldwide for its quality tasting meat. Over the years, we have formed an enviable relationship with Orkney meat and its farmers, and we now have farmers producing exclusively for Mearns T. McCaskie. The meat is sourced from our selected farmers who finish the finest Angus and Angus-cross cattle. The meat is then matured for 10 days before being taken to our shop where it is processed for use and matured for a further period of up to 28 days.
We are proud to say our meat is "REARED WITH PASSION, MATURED TO PERFECTION AND PREPARED WITH PRIDE."
Award Winning Online Butcher with UK delivery
With the opening of our new online store we have transformed the McCaskies brand to be a quality online butcher, we are delighted to be able to offer our meat and products, all of which are made on the premises using traditional recipes and modern techniques, throughout the UK. We offer all our products at our over the counter prices and simply add delivery costs, by Parcel Force on a next day basis. We vacuum pack all products (where appropriate) and send out in special packaging with ice packs designed to keep fresh food chilled for 36 hours. Freshness is 100% guaranteed.
We operate our own refrigerated vehicle and deliver to the local villages (Day and Evening)
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays: Largs, Fairlie, West Kilbride, Seamill, Gourock, Greenock, Kilmalcolm, Houston, Bridge of Weir, Paisley.
- Wednesdays: Glasgow, Paisley, Renfrew, Erskine
- Thursdays: Millport/Cumbrae
FOR ALL OTHER AREAS UK-WIDE, WE SEND ALL ORDERS MONDAY-THURSDAY WITH PARCEL FORCE UK.
We have won a number of awards for our products over recent years, including:
- 2011 Gold awards for our Traditional Steak Pies, Steak and Ale Pies, and Beef Bourguignon Pies
- 2011 Gold awards for our un-smoked and smoked gammon joints (which evaluated at 100/100, and was described as "the perfect gammon")
- 2011 Gold awards for our Bridies
- 2009 Gold awards for the following products: Steak pies, Peppered pork sausage, Mexican burgers, Meatballs in tomato sauce, Lamb and mint burgers
- 2009 Diamond award for our Smoked Chicken Breast
- 2007 3rd place in Scottish Speciality Sausage competition with our Caramelised Onion Pork Sausage
- 2006 Gold award for all our traditional bacons (smoked, unsmoked, and unsmoked Ayrshire)
- 2006 Best Beef Product - Diamond award for our Burns Truffles
- 2002 & 2005 Scottish Champion for Black Pudding
- 2002 West of Scotland Champion for our Pork Sausages
- 2001 West of Scotland Champion for Square Slice Sausage, and overall 2nd place
- 2000 Make With Meat Awards, Gold award for our Peppered Pork Olive
We strongly believe our quality tasting meat and meat products represent unbeatable value for money that will be hard to match.
We are not a big factory churning out meat products, we are in fact a small family butcher offering a personal service with an aim to provide special products that represent great value and superior quality to our customers. We can guarantee the source and location of all our meats, the same way as it was almost 80 years ago when my grandfather started the business.
We are delighted to supply quality restaurants and retail stores with meat and poultry products. Please phone or email with your requirements and we will be delighted to send you a price list.
We deliver every second day to restaurants offering exactly the same quality as we offer over the counter - 100% GUARANTEED.
We supply the following list of quality restaurants where you can enjoy our products.
|Café Continental Gourock:||Relaxed riverside dining with good food and great views.|
|Café Flava, Gourock:||Trendy café with upstairs dining, again with great views the river Clyde.|
|Tribeca, Greenock:||New York loft style restaurant offering contemporary cuisine.|
|Brodies Italian Greenock:||A new restaurant operated by husband and wife team. Good Pasta and pizza and with a great menu of other Italian inspired cuisine.|
|Brodies Houston:||The second restaurant operated by Andy and Davvar, traditional quality food served in comfortable environment.|
|Café Gandolfi, Glasgow:||Whatever I say won't do this place justice. Great food, really nice people who all know their stuff. One of Glasgow's most famous and respected restaurants. Great wine list too. Check out their website.|