Traditional Butcher - Family Business
At McCaskies, we're extremely proud of our heritage and being a traditional small family business specialising in quality meat and meat products. In the late 1990s, with my mother as business partner, I took over the business and made the determined decision to modernise and take the business forward with continuing investment in the shop and its facilities. With a lot of hard work, we re-invented the business in terms of the range of products on offer but with one dominating factor - Quality.
Our meat is sourced only from our specially selected farmers. The meat is then matured for 10 days before being taken to our shop where it is processed for use and matured for a further period of up to 28 days.
We are proud to say our meat is "REARED WITH PASSION, MATURED TO PERFECTION AND PREPARED WITH PRIDE."
We have won a number of awards for our products over recent years, including:
- Scottish Craft Butchers Awards 2017 Gold Award for Traditional Steak Pie.
- Scottish Craft Butchers Awards 2017 Gold Award for Steak, Chorizo and Red Wine Pie.
- Scottish Craft Butchers Awards 2017 Silver Award for Mince Round.
- Meat Management Awards 2017 Best Bacon Product Finalist for Bacon & Cheese Truffles.
- Meat Management Awards 2017 Best Lamb Product Highly Commended for Garlic and Herb Lamb Lollipops.
- Scottish Craft Butchers Awards 2017: Diamond Award for Braised Ox Cheek in Creamy Mash Ready Meal, Gold Awards for Chicken Lasagne and Swedish Meatballs in Tomato Sauce Ready Meals, Gold Award for Honey & Mustard Pork Magnums, Gold Award for Honey & Mustard Smoked Loin, Silver Awards for Chicken Revels and Peppered Beef Kievs.
- Scottish Craft Butcher Savoury Pastry Awards 2017: Gold for Shell Pie, Steak Pie and Steak and Black Pudding Pie (in the Speciality Steak Pie category). Silver for Steak and Haggis Pie and Chicken Lasagne Pie.
- People's Choice Champion for Haggis, Haggisfest, Oban Winterfest 2016
- West of Scotland Black Pudding Champion 2016
- 2015 Butchers Q Guild Smithfield Awards. 13 Gold Awards: Pastrami, (maximum 100 out of 100 marks) in the Ready to Eat Meats category, Traditional Pork Sausage, Smokey Hot Dog Style Sausage, Tex Mex Burger, Bacon Cheese Burger, Mediterranean Lamb Burger, Unsmoked Ayrshire Middle Bacon, Smoked Streaky Bacon, Smoked Bacon Joint, Traditional Steak Pie, Chicken and Creamy Haggis Kiev, Beef Lasagne, Chicken Lasagne.
- Scottish Haggis Champion 2015 - 2016
- West of Scotland Pork Sausage Champion 2015 - 2016
- Scottish Pork Sausage Reserve Champion 2015 - 2016
- West of Scotland Scottish Beef Burger Champion 2015 - 2016
- Winner 2014 Scottish Federation of Meat Traders Speciality Burger (Tex Mex Burger) Award
- Winner 2014 Scottish Craft Butchers West of Scotland Black Pudding Awards
- 2013 Butchers shop of the year awards 2013 Winner
- 2013 Great Taste
- 2011 Gold awards for our Traditional Steak Pies, Steak and Ale Pies, and Beef Bourguignon Pies
- 2011 Gold awards for our un-smoked and smoked gammon joints (which evaluated at 100/100, and was described as "the perfect gammon")
- 2011 Gold awards for our Bridies
- 2009 Gold awards for the following products: Steak pies, Peppered pork sausage, Mexican burgers, Meatballs in tomato sauce, Lamb and mint burgers
- 2009 Diamond award for our Smoked Chicken Breast
- 2007 3rd place in Scottish Speciality Sausage competition with our Caramelised Onion Pork Sausage
- 2006 Gold award for all our traditional bacons (smoked, unsmoked, and unsmoked Ayrshire)
- 2006 Best Beef Product - Diamond award for our Burns Truffles
- 2002 & 2005 Scottish Champion for Black Pudding
- 2002 West of Scotland Champion for our Pork Sausages
- 2001 West of Scotland Champion for Square Slice Sausage, and overall 2nd place
- 2000 Make With Meat Awards, Gold award for our Peppered Pork Olive
We strongly believe our quality tasting meat and meat products represent unbeatable value for money that will be hard to match.
We are not a big factory churning out meat products, we are in fact a small family butcher offering a personal service with an aim to provide special products that represent great value and superior quality to our customers. We can guarantee the source and location of all our meats, the same way as it was almost 80 years ago when my grandfather started the business.
We are delighted to supply quality restaurants and retail stores with meat and poultry products. Please phone or email with your requirements and we will be delighted to send you a price list.
For more information on our products please check the online store
or get in touch using one of the following methods: